Direction for the Week: September 11 – 15
We will have a busy week this week!
All of my language arts students will be MAP testing on Monday. Students in Periods 3 & 4 who are not able to complete the test due to the 9/11 Ceremony will be allowed to finish working at a later date.
This week is also Homecoming / Spirit Week! Go Wave!
- Monday is “Red, White, & Blue Day”.
- Tuesday is “Hat Day”.
- Wednesday is “80’s Day” (for 7th grade).
- Thursday is “Neon Yellow Day” (for 7th grade).
- Friday is “Green & White Day”.
Students will be working on the following instructional activities this week.
Advanced Language Arts 7
- Independent Reading
- Essential question exploration: What can cause a sudden change in someone’s life?
- Guided reading: The Night Tourist by Katherine Marsh
- Response to text: dialectical journals
- Literary elements review: plot, setting, antagonist, protagonist
- Text-to-world connections: Mythology examples in Pop Culture
Language Arts 7 (Periods 3 & 4)
- Independent reading: Boy by Roald Dahl
- Genre preparation (fiction vs. non-fiction)
- Guided reading: Touching Spirit Bear by Ben Mikaelsen
- Response to text: Fleshing Out a Character
- Vocabulary practice
- Literary elements review: protagonist & antagonist