Direction for the Week: September 5 -8
I hope that everyone enjoyed the Labor Day weekend! Our four day week will focus on the following activities.
Advanced Language Arts 7
- Genre preparation (fiction & mythology)
- Essential question exploration: What can cause a sudden change in someone’s life?
- Guided reading
- Response to text: dialectical journals
- Literary elements review: plot, setting, antagonist, protagonist
Language Arts 7 (Periods 3 & 4)
- Independent reading: Boy by Roald Dahl
- “Life Map” (an activity designed for students to learn more about each other)
- Genre preparation (fiction vs. non-fiction)
- Guided reading: Touching Spirit Bear by Ben Mikaelsen
- Response to text: Think Marks
- Literary elements review: protagonist & antagonist
Please make sure to turn in completed “From Your Perspective” surveys and Parent Contact Sheets before the end of the week! Thank you!